While I got off birth control quite a few months back, we knew it was a possibility that I would get pregnant, but weren't really seriously concerned or trying. It was more like, if it happens, it happens. And it did.
Last weekend I decided to take a test to see, since I was late. It was one of those 'cheaper' ones, so the + sign was faint. I decided to get the EPT version that says 'Pregnant' or 'Not Pregnant,' so it would be clear. So last week Thursday the 3rd, EPT confirmed pregnancy.
Since then, I have scheduled my first OBGYN appointment for the 17th to reconfirm my confirmation from two pregnancy tests and I have also downloaded a bunch of books to my Kindle, podcasts to my ipod and subscribed to a bunch of parenting and pregnancy magazines. Fortunately, not too much nausea yet, but I feel bloated. Though it could just be fat from all the good/junk food I have been eating.
So far, only moms have been told and will probably wait to tell other family and close friends until after the 17th appointment.
Last weekend I decided to take a test to see, since I was late. It was one of those 'cheaper' ones, so the + sign was faint. I decided to get the EPT version that says 'Pregnant' or 'Not Pregnant,' so it would be clear. So last week Thursday the 3rd, EPT confirmed pregnancy.
Since then, I have scheduled my first OBGYN appointment for the 17th to reconfirm my confirmation from two pregnancy tests and I have also downloaded a bunch of books to my Kindle, podcasts to my ipod and subscribed to a bunch of parenting and pregnancy magazines. Fortunately, not too much nausea yet, but I feel bloated. Though it could just be fat from all the good/junk food I have been eating.
So far, only moms have been told and will probably wait to tell other family and close friends until after the 17th appointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment