Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 100, Whatever that Means

According to my 'What to Expect' iphone app, this is day 100. Which doesn't really mean anything, except that I am 14 weeks, or 3 months along, and into my second trimester, which is suppose to be the 'honeymoon' trimester. The most important thing for me is that I feel better and don't feel hung over all day and am hoping my energy levels will start to pick up.

At my prior appointment, on January 12, I got to hear the baby's heartbeat, which was pretty amazing. Something so small, yet already has a strong and audible heartbeat.

My jeans are getting tighter and some I don't even bother buttoning or wearing some of them anymore. It makes me sad because I feel like I am just getting fat at this point, not creating another life. Obviously, the fact that I am pregnant and having a baby hasn't fully sunken in yet.

I started looking back at the 'What to Expect' book and feel like, so far, I am having a 'Textbook Pregnancy.' It was like everything they said would happen and the time they said it would happen, has happened to me. 6 weeks, morning sickness, 12-14 weeks morning sickness gone, 12-14 weeks headaches, bloating/can't button your pants. I know every person and pregnancy is different, but it's somewhat comforting to know that all the things are happening in the time they should.

On a side note, it's really nice and comforting to know that I work for a place that is supportive about my pregnancy. When I informed them about my pregnancy, it was nothing but congratulatory remarks from everyone. And soon after, I got a promotion. Yeah!

The doctor says things are progressing nicely and life is treating me pretty well so far this year. Looks like the year of the dragon may be a pretty good one.

Baby is the size of a navel orange this week and will be able to determine the baby's sex next month. So far most friends think girl. We'll find out soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment