Friday, May 18, 2012

I Can Still See My Feet

Apparently, I most women at this point in their pregnancy, 32 weeks (8 months) with 8 weeks to go, can't see their feet. So I guess I am still pretty small, considering, though I have gained about 20 pounds putting me at a weight I won't disclose because then you could calcuate my pre-pregnancy weight. But it is heavier than my shrinking husband, who lost 10 pounds after a week-long flu.

I hope to catch the type of flu that I can lose 10 pounds after the baby is born, and after he has his immunizations, while someone else is watching him and before I go back to work. Ha, fat chance of all of that working out like that. But in all seriousness, I wouldn't really want that to happen, in case my humor wasn't properly conveyed in my words.
I'm supposed to be counting kicks according to the books, doctors and other moms, but I usually lose count. 10 in an hour or something like that. I know he's moving around more than 10 times an hour though, so I am not too worried. I keep asking myself if I should be more worried? I sometimes think I am too blase, casual or not paranoid enough. I feel like I should more excited about the pregnancy and want to talk about it all the time, but I kind of don't. Not that I don't care that I am having a child, I just don't need to talk about the kicks, him moving, if we decided on a name, if we chose a pediatrician, blah, blah, blah, all the time. A bit of baby chit-chat is fine, I just don't need more than 10 minutes of talking about pregnancy a day.

I know there are tons of women who love being pregnant and talking about their pregnancies and all the wonderful things about being pregnant, but I don't I fall into that category, obviously. I don't think it will make me a bad mom, just a bad pregnant lady. No one gets pregnant to be pregnant, they get pregnant to be a mother. That is what I am looking forward to.

I know I sound like a serious grouch, and I really shouldn't be because with the exception of 6 weeks of morning sickness, it has been pretty smooth sailing. Most of the things that women complain about (swelling, stretch marks, leg cramps, heart burn, etc.) haven't really happened to me, with the exception of being really hot. Though, I still have 2 months to go and I may have just jinxed myself.

Now that things are getting closer, I am having a little anxiety about all the things we need to do before he comes. But I'm sure it will all work out...

No comments:

Post a Comment