So, I am at 22 weeks, which is just shy of 6 months and the baby is now the size of a papaya. Which seems weird because another app says it's the size of a cantaloupe and somehow I don't think of those two fruits being about the same size. I guess it's just a small cantaloupe and a large papaya. Anyway, baby is weighing in at about 1.2 pounds.
I must say the second trimester has been nice. I haven't been feeling as tired, run down or sick as I did in the first trimester. I am starting to feel the baby move, which I thought for the longest time was gas or my stomach gurgling. Since I am feeling better, I am also starting to miss all the good things in life that I can't enjoy- poke, sashimi and wine. So, I have been kind of avoiding Japanese restaurant to avoid the temptation.
The one thing I have noticed in the last few weeks is more peeing than ever. I didn't think it would be happening this early. Man, if I get up only once in the evening to pee I am stoked. I feel like I pee and less than half an hour later I have to go again. And I know this will continue on for the duration of the pregnancy.
We are still tossing around names and Akira has decided he wants to incorporate the 'dragon' kanji and a character from his dad's name for baby's middle name. Nothing final yet, maybe Ryusei, Ryuji, Ryo-something. We'll see.
Slowly cleaning up the two extra rooms to get ready for the nursery, which is what we spent this weekend doing. Fun stuff. Maybe next weekend we'll head to Babies R Us to get some ideas of things we want and need. Ugh, I am kind of dreading it.
Here is the first photo I am posting of pregnant me, still not looking too pregnant.
I must say the second trimester has been nice. I haven't been feeling as tired, run down or sick as I did in the first trimester. I am starting to feel the baby move, which I thought for the longest time was gas or my stomach gurgling. Since I am feeling better, I am also starting to miss all the good things in life that I can't enjoy- poke, sashimi and wine. So, I have been kind of avoiding Japanese restaurant to avoid the temptation.
The one thing I have noticed in the last few weeks is more peeing than ever. I didn't think it would be happening this early. Man, if I get up only once in the evening to pee I am stoked. I feel like I pee and less than half an hour later I have to go again. And I know this will continue on for the duration of the pregnancy.
We are still tossing around names and Akira has decided he wants to incorporate the 'dragon' kanji and a character from his dad's name for baby's middle name. Nothing final yet, maybe Ryusei, Ryuji, Ryo-something. We'll see.
Slowly cleaning up the two extra rooms to get ready for the nursery, which is what we spent this weekend doing. Fun stuff. Maybe next weekend we'll head to Babies R Us to get some ideas of things we want and need. Ugh, I am kind of dreading it.
Here is the first photo I am posting of pregnant me, still not looking too pregnant.
No comments:
Post a Comment