Thursday, July 19, 2012

Three Weeks Down...

Noah is three weeks old today.

So, what have I learned in three weeks?

              • That everyday is different. 
              • Just because he slept all day does not mean that he will stay up all night and just because he was up most of the day does not mean he will sleep all night. 
              • The bouncy/vibrating chair is my friend. It helps him nap and gives me time to do other stuff- very quickly, I might add.
              • The baby carrier is also my friend and allows me to do other stuff.
              • I can only do things (chores, nap, etc.) on his nap schedule, which means in spurts of about 1-2 hours.
              • There is a lot of crap on daytime t.v., so I tend to stick to reruns or Netflix.
              • Babies don't always pee and poo in their diapers, it sometimes get all over their clothes and other stuff.
I also found out that even if I am able to get a decent night's sleep I feel like a frigin zombie. I drive, go to the shop, whatever and feel like I am in a daze. Maybe it's the lack of interaction with people. Despite trying to read the paper daily to stay abreast of the world around me, I somewhat feel like the world around me has kind of stopped and I'm a bit of social retard. Just dazed. 

I have to say though, Noah is still pretty good in the sense that he doesn't cry a ton and it really is because he wants something- he's hungry, needs to be changed, is gassy or tired. 

Okay, the cries just started, back to parenting...

No comments:

Post a Comment