Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Poop, Pee and Spit Up

In his short life of 5 weeks, Noah has managed to spray poop at both Akira and I, pee on me on more than one occasion and almost spit up in my mouth (I was going to give him a kiss and there it came). Oh, the joys of parenthood. And I know there is much more of this to come in the months and years ahead.

His life still pretty much consists of sleeping, eating, pooping and crying. There has been more crying recently, but I can't really complain because he is still a pretty mellow guy. I hope he stays that way...don't want to jinx myself. But again, everyday is different. He grunts and groans a lot, which is definitely better than crying, but sometimes he sounds like a.....I can't think of it....some kind of grunting animal.

He is now 8.5 pounds and 19.75 inches long- still a small guy but he is gaining weight. And hopefully I am loosing the weight I gained by breastfeeding. Not even close to my pre-pregnancy weight, but at least I can squeeze myself into my fat jeans. It's hard too because I'm so fricken hungry after breastfeeding and I also now get to enjoy all the foods that I couldn't when I was pregnant- sushi, runny eggs, cold cuts, wine, etc.

Well, time to feed my little peanut.


No comments:

Post a Comment